Monday 9 March 2015

My Way Monday...


Hello and welcome to My Way Monday.....


My Way Monday is going to be a weekly post showing you how I do things, from storage of my products to ways I design, stamp and put together my projects. 

Recently I have had a few comments from class attendees on my craft storage so I thought I would start with how I store my scraps. 

It's a pretty simple system designed to encourage me to reach for this basket before starting a whole new sheet.


As you can see it is nothing fancy. I used a basket I had around the house which didn't seem to have a purpose and the card dividers are made from the backing card of the Designer Series Paper. I simply cut each one to 6" wide and then I had 2 dividers.


I used my lovely label machine to add clear labels to each divider and I kept it simple by only using colour groups. I have Neutrals, Blacks and Greys, Browns, Oranges, Yellows, Greens, Blues, Purples, Reds and Pinks. You could of course keep them in Stampin' Up! family groups if you prefer. 


Here you can see all the 'Blues'. My rule of thumb is only full, half and quarter sheets are kept in their poly pockets, the rest goes in here. I do clear out my basket every month and donate the scraps to my sons infant school or treat my ladies to a rummage.  


Here you can see the basket in situ. It is at the end of my little desk which sits to the left of my main desk so it is easily accessible as I trim all my card at this desk. It is also handily placed with in arms reach of my big shot which you can see in the background.

Since I have rearranged how I store my scraps I find I am getting much more use out of them. 

Please feel free to share how you store your scraps in the comment section. I hope you have been inspired to treat you scraps to a little TLC. 
If there is anything you would like to see on MY WAY MONDAY do let me know and I will share with you how I do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment