Friday 5 December 2014

Santa Stache...


When Stampin' UP! first released the Autumn/Winter Catalogue this year and I saw this set I just knew I had to have it and that my Christmas Cards were sorted. 


Growing up in Berlin from a tiny baby the Nutcracker has been a part of my life since I can remember and for me it signifies the start of the festive season. Christmas isn't Christmas with out a trip to the local ChristKindl-Markt and several Gluhwein (mulled wine) to warm the hands and heart while you browse and shop. I try to go every year to one in this country with the one in Birmingham being among the best. 
These Traditional German Nutcrackers were made in Seiffen Germany, in the Erzgebirge Mountains where the wooden nutcracker was first made back in 1872.


Here I stamped him front and centre of my card to give it maximum impact. I love the bright colours of these little guys and had fun with my Blendabilities colouring him in. 


The 'stache' was stamped onto an offcut and then coloured in before being die cut with the matching framelit. It adds a depth to the card and I think brings this little guy to life.


What ever starts the festive season for you I hope you enjoy it and you are on Santa's 'good' list x

No comments:

Post a Comment