Tuesday 22 July 2014

Special Day - Special Card


Hello....

Its been a busy few weeks here with new classes being planned and new venues secured. I hope to bring you more details very soon. It's also been a very trying time for the family with my Father in Law to be facing tough times in hospital following a diagnosis of terminal cancer so I hope you will forgive me as I have put family first.

I have still been working while time allows and one of my recent commissions was a Graduation card for a young girl who graduates this week. I didn't realise just how little we celebrate Graduating in this country till I started work on this card. We really should celebrate life's milestones more. 

I found the idea for this card while browsing Pinterest. The original design was by Julie B and you can see it on her blog. I changed up the colour of the ribbon, using Blackberry Bliss, to match the University colours and added some extra detail to the bottom. 
   


The tassle was made using Stampin' Ups! Whisper White Bakers Twine and held in place by a now retired Glimmer Brad


I hope you liked this card and the recipient does too.

Till next time - Happy Crafting

No comments:

Post a Comment