Tuesday 19 March 2013

Simply Stampin' Up!

The sun is shining here by the sea and I have been busy crafting away getting ready for the Alford Craft Fair over Easter weekend.
Now anyone who know me knows my usual style is about as far removed from the CAS style (clean and simple) as you can get but I decided to challenge myself with these little notelets which come in packs of 20 with envelopes for just £5.50 from Stampin' UP!
I have divided them up into packs of 5 and these will be on sale at the craft fair.  

I kept to the Subtle range of colours and each pack contains the same design but in 5 different colours. For this first pack I punched a Decorative Label from a piece of scrap paper and used the negative to sponge through. The butterfly is from Papillion Potpourri and is stamped onto a piece of white cardstock, punched out and adhered in the centre only to give the wings a bit of lift.

This close up shows the dimension of the wings in greater detail.

This next pack uses the Reverse Masking technique which is like the technique above only you also use the negative to stamp through so you only get the image you stamp contained within the area you punched out. A fancy name for a simple technique!

I used Serene Silhouettes and the Subtles colour palette again to achieve a softness to these notelets. I used Basic Grey ink instead of black to keep the image soft.

Here you can see the sponging in greater detail. I love how you can get such a variation in tone using this effect.

I was pleased with how they turned out and for once didn't feel the need to add more to fill the white areas.

I hope you enjoyed my CAS attempts and if you would like to know more about these techniques or where to get the products used then please contact me using the button on the right. 

No comments:

Post a Comment