Monday 29 October 2012

Vintage Christmas...

Firstly let me assure you book lovers out there that no book was harmed in the making of this decoration. It was a much unloved book lying at the bottom of a very dusty box until Saturday and now it is probably the most favourite of all my 3d work to date. It will be cherished for years. 

I have seen these floating about in cyberspace for some time and being the 'simple' girl I am thought them way too complicated and time consuming...... NOT SO!!!   
 This little tree came to life in 25 mins and was so easy  the Nutty one made one too! Of course his is paper engineering not paper crafting lol.
 The decoration took longer than the actual book as I wanted it to look just right but now that I know what I'm doing I think you could whip one of these beauties up in less than 2hrs. In fact it took me longer to find a book I could bear to bend pages on than it did to make the tree!

Although the book is not Stampin' Up! all the other products are... I used Naturals Ivory card stock for the banner. Early Espresso Tulle and Very Vanilla Seam Binding tied onto Linen Thread wrapped around the tree and are topped with Basic Rhinestones and Large Pearls. A little touch of sponging on the edge of the banner and the tree edges in Soft Suede to age the piece. I added a little Champagne Stampin' Glitter to the ends of the banner for a little sparkle. Finally I spritzed the whole piece in Shimmer Mist made using the Champagne Shimmer Paint.

I hope you enjoyed and if you would like to know how to make one for yourself then please ask about classes. 

Till next time - Happy Crafting

4 comments: