Friday 28 September 2012

Where did the years go.....

16 years ago today I was in a hospital room holding my brand new baby girl... Now I sit here while she enjoys an Indian with her best mate. Caitlin has grown into a lovely young woman (with the odd hiccup!) and I am very proud to call her my daughter.

Caitlin isn't one for a big fuss so  I kept the decorations low key and in her favourite colours of Red, Cream and Black (she never has been a girly girl lol)

A group shot showing banner, decor and gift card. I love the elegance that you get when everything co-ordinates and no one does that better than Stampin' Up!
 A banner thats less girly but still has that elegant edge thanks to the butterfly die from Stampin Up!
 Thanks to the lovely Monica for the decor idea. The sundae glass is a take on the table decorations from a recent retreat weekend put on by Monica. I used the Butterfly Embosslit and the Build a Bird punch to decorate these rosettes.
 This was the card I made from us which doubled up as a gift card. I started out with the idea from another of our projects from the retreat and adapted it into a 4 pocket gatefold card.

The first pocket had a voucher for a store, the second our birthday message, the third her first lottery ticket (something she has been going on about and seems to be the highlight of turning 16 for her) and the last pocket held another voucher for shopping.

I hope you have enjoyed looking at these as much as I have enjoyed making them.

I have to go so the girls can hog the living room watching DVD's and eating sweets.... I have a nice cuppa and some TV in bed to look forward too!

Till next time - Happy Crafting

1 comment: