Friday 8 April 2011

HEROES.....


Morning from a very sunny Mablethorpe.....

.


Todays post has been inspired by my other half and his collegues who are embarking on a 24 hr climb of 3 peaks. The challenge is to climb Ben Nevis, Scafell Pike and Snowdon in just 24 hrs!!! To climb all 3 is a feat in itself but in 24 hrs is just amazing.

.

I wanted to show my support for the lads who are all doing this to raise money for http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk. Each of the lads has faced or faces the prospect of being sent to a war zone and know only too well how things could turn out. Raising funds to look after the guys and girls who in risking their lives for our country, come back injured and needing so much support is so important to the lads.

.

I wanted to show my support and so came up with this Good Luck card. I sponged the mountains using a torn paper mask and then covered this up to sponge the sky. I then used our trusty Stamp-a-ma-jig to position the letters. Colours used are Night of Navy, Real Red and Baja Breeeze. These colours match the HELP for HEROES colours almost perfectly.

.

Thank you for looking and any messages of support for the lads will be passed on.

.

HAPPY WEEKEND EVERYONE

3 comments:

  1. Another nice one Em. Good luck and best wishes to all the Lads, I wish them well.

    Love Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pat.... Will pass on your wishes to the lads. Looking forward to our next crafting day with Mummy lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card, even better in real life. The lads did really well.

    ReplyDelete